Public Health is about preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the efforts of society. This is the ideal programme if you are a professional or new to the subject and you wish to address today’s problems in public health. You will gain an understanding of how different scientific disciplines can be used to investigate and then develop the best professional practice in epidemiology, public health and social science, ethics and health.
This programme is taught on-campus, it is also offered as a part-time MPH by online distance learning which may suit those who wish to continue working while studying, or who are unable to come to Edinburgh.
Global Health Academy at University of Edinburgh
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in medicine, nursing, social science, science, biomedicine, or other related discipline.
Check whether your international qualifications meet the general entry requirements at this link: Entry requirements by country
English language requirements
If English is not your first language, you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your spoken and written English:
• an undergraduate or masters degree, that was taught and assessed in English in a majority English speaking country as defined by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI list of majority English speaking countries)
• IELTS Academic: total 7.0 (at least 6.5 in each module)
• TOEFL-iBT: total 100 (at least 23 in each module)
• PTE(A): total 67 (at least 61 in each of the “Communicative Skills” sections; the “Enabling Skills” sections are not considered)
• CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 176 in each module)
• Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Official Programme Website: